Sunday, May 24, 2009

the highlights of pointfest.

Alright, since I have now experienced Pointfest, I guess that gives me the liability to talk about it, huh? So, Saturday morning, we headed out to Maryland Heights at about six in the morning, and arrived at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater at about 9:15 A.M. We instantly got in line, and left the sunscreen in the car. That part was a mistake, but oh well. I wasn't really that worried about it.

After taking a seat on the comfortable hill, we enjoyed the weather for what seemed like only seconds. The sun erupted from the clouds and the breeze disappeared, leaving it hot and sweaty and gross. The venue began to fill up with people and by lunchtime it was buzzing with tons of people.Tiffany and I grew thirsty, so we set off to find something to drink and found this little Tiki place that sold smoothies. We got a strawberry smoothie that cost an entire $9.00, too much for a smoothie. We found some shade in the intersection of a fence and a building that sold beer. We sat in the shade, enjoying it very much. While we sat there and enjoyed our smoothie, we began to people-watch. There were men in kilts, pregnant women, and tons of people with their shirts rolled up into their bras, which, my friends, is NOT, in fashion.

This group of kids came by and asked to sit beside us. We let them. The boy who was there and named Zach, cracked a few jokes and asked everyone where they got their shirts at. A quote from the infamous person himself, "If I would have known that 'ho' was in style, I would've had my boobies hanging out when I arrived. Here, gotta do it so I can fit in." They were fun.

They left to find food, and we were alone again. Just as we started people-watching again, this very.. very... amazingly hot person walked by in a vest and a long-sleeved shirt and dark jeans with laminants on his belt. Tiffany said, "That guy is so hot. He looks like Adam." And I confirmed, "It probably was Adam, because he had laminants on his belt-loop." Later that day, we realized it had been Adam and hated ourselves for not saying anything to him.

After enjoying our shade, Chelsea came along and then we got up and set off to find something to drink for her, getting ourselves another smoothie. We walked around a little bit and took a seat on a different side of the hill because the main part was already packed. We laid there for a little while, and then got up to go get in the pit for Shiny Toy Guns. Turns out, it was too hot for my friends, so we left the pit, and went to get some lemonade. We weren't exactly up for any food because of the temperature. We found a spot to sit, and talked to these girls about One Tree Hill before we realized that they were allowing people to be seated at the main stage.

So, we went to our seats and sat for a few hours before The Used began playing, and when they started... damn. I had fun. They were so good, and Jepha had to scream for Bert, because I guess Bert didn't want his voice to get all jacked up, or he just wasn't feeling up to it. We did the wave... backwards by request of the band, and it was a lot of fun.



After that, we enjoyed the Sick Puppies and their sexual innuendos. They were quite funny and very adorable and Australian. "You remember those girls, the ones you just wanted to grab by the back of her dark hair, undo your belt and shove her against a car, and tell her to..." After that they broke into "Say My Name". It was quite amazing. They altered the sound and the lyrics... just a little.

Then it was Taking Back Sunday. Oh. My. God. They were definitely the best performance of the day. When Adam told me to clap-- I clapped. He was acting as a colored woman from the South, and it made it quite funny. He did absolutely amazing and the song choices were great as well. He was very interactive with the crowd, and he made me feel right at home even though I was several seats away... not in the pit.

"Oh shit! I'm on TV!" And then... "Sorry, guys, I've been cussing a lot. My momma raised me better that." "I like you guys, you are real cool. You have tattoos. I have tattoos, too. You ain't even listenin' to me!" "Some of you are probably saying, 'FAGGOT!' Well guess what, this 'faggot' has the microphoneeee." It was amazingly fun. And Adam is amazingly yummy.

We darted after that. Got a couple free Monsters and a free CD on our way out and find the car after a long time, and then headed home. Woke up looking quite red, and Tiffany like a lobster. It was worth it. Can't wait to see Taking Back Sunday again... but in a pit. God, that sounds so fun.

That's it, my hands hurt.
Later. <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment