Tuesday, May 12, 2009

pointfest twenty-four.

Okay, this is the twenty-fourth Pointfest that will be held in Maryland Heights near St. Louis, Missouri on May 23rd. Needless to say that I am incredibly psyched! At first I wasn't so excited, but then I realized that Pointfest is all day long, and I want to see like five or six of the bands playing. Not to mention that the ones I don't want to see, that will be there, are pretty big bands right now, as well. Last year, around this time, I attended a My Chemical Romance show at The Pageant in a Jewish community of St. Louis. It was the most amazing show. Drive By was fantastic and Billy Talent was so awesome. They even yelled at the bunch for not picking up a girl that had fallen.

On the 23rd, my friends Tiffany and Chelsea, and myself will get up rather early and head to St. Louis for an IHOP breakfast and then to the venue. We've got seats (thank god), but will probably be in the pit a lot... if we can. I just found out, though, that two bands that I want to see are playing on the main stage even though I was told they were going to be on the side stage. That's amazing, because that way I won't have to worry about missing one of them.

The bands on the main stage are going to be: The Offspring, Blue October, The Used (<3), Ludo (<3), and Taking Back Sunday (<3). It's going to be fantastic. On the side stage there are a few bands, like The Sick Puppies, and Shiny Toy Guns that I want to see, but not the majority of them. Right now, though, I'm just dying to get to a show again. I can't wait to have that feeling of being... carefree? And seeing someone I adore and rocking out to their music. Like Gerard Way, I just wanna... rock.

My summer is jam-packed with things to do. I'm going to Pointfest, then to see a broadway performance of RENT (featuring two cast members, Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp, from the actual musical movie), and following that I'll be going to see Taking Back Sunday in Little Rock, AR. After those, I'm seeing Casting Crowns locally, and then Gogol Bordello in July with American Idols on Tour Live in August.

Sounds pretty fly, right?
What are your summer plans?

0 comments:

Post a Comment